Our client is a specialist in electric power switching and protection, providing products for the electric power industry since 1911. This position will provide supervision for the second shift and will work harmoniously with other shifts, Supervisors, and team members to ensure mutual goals are met for the Fuse Production area in Building 2 and 2A. The focus will be on meeting Chicago Assembly expectations for quality, safety and productivity. This position will report to the Manager – Assembly Operations. In this job, you will be required to give constant attention to detail, possess good problem-solving skills and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working cooperatively with the assembly team to achieve safety, quality, and productivity goals
- Prioritizing and scheduling the assembly workload
- Performing planning functions to ensure the timely availability of staffing and materials
- Maintaining an on-time shipping performance of at least 95%
- Setting and maintaining high levels of product quality
- Providing the necessary direction to attain high levels of employee productivity
- Promoting safety awareness and housekeeping, and investigating and reporting on safety incidents
- Contributing input and monitoring departmental budgets
- Conducting performance appraisals for employees
- Providing recommendations or initiating decisions regarding hires, promotions, corrective action and terminations
- Conducting team-building meetings to promote continuous improvement principles.
- Identify training and skill development to meet departmental needs using Training Within Industry (TWI) and standard work methodology where possible.