The Assistant Manager -Electrical & Mechanical Labs reports to the Manager-Electrical & Mechanical Labs and is responsible for lab operations and supervision of the laboratories’ technologists. In this position you will be helping the NJC Laboratory work toward the goal of becoming a world class laboratory in terms of technology, service, and quality. The Assistant Manager must have excellent engineering and organizational skills to develop the appropriate test methods and testing schedules to meet our customer’s needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise laboratory technologists working over split shifts.
- Work with internal and external customers, and laboratory team members to create and communicate laboratory testing schedules.
- Create and implement development plans for laboratory technologists.
- Identify and develop technologists’ skills required to meet laboratory’s requirements.
- Write and conduct technologists’ performance reviews.
- Support the laboratory’s quality management system, ISO 17025 accreditation, and ISO 9001 certification.
- Lead problem solving efforts to determine root causes and implement effective countermeasures.
- Establish metrics and lead continuous improvement efforts to improve the level of service to the laboratory’s customers.
- Coordinate calibration of laboratory test equipment with internal and external calibration resources.
- Lead or support projects that help enhance NJC laboratory’s technology, service, and quality
- Deputize for the Laboratory Manager as necessary