Messina Group is seeking a Battery Scientist in the R & D division for an exciting direct permanent hire opportunity with our client in central Oregon. This role offers outstanding compensation, relocation assistance, and benefits. The company is a major leading supplier of high-purity, high-performance chemicals to all segments of the flat panel and semiconductor industries.
We are seeking a Battery Scientist. Under the direction of the Technical Manager, the Battery Scientist will work independently and with other internal team members to accomplish the goals and projects of the department. Specifically, the Battery Scientist will assist in the development and commercialization of battery chemical products to enable the next-generation of high-performance lithium batteries for electric vehicles, wearable electronics, and other mobile devices. This role require a deep materials and chemistry experience in the production of rechargeable batteries and involves working closely with internal cross-functional teams to notably prepare, develop, optimize, validate electrodes as well as electrolyte (liquid or solid polymer-based) formulations.
- Work as a part of the R&D team with an open mind to new ideas in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate as an individual contributor and as a team member.
- Support product management team to ensure robust battery products are released by preparing battery elements.
- Maintain and improve the battery preparation equipment and develop strategies to benchmark new products, i.e., formulation of electrodes, advanced liquid electrolyte and, polymers based solid-electrolyte.
- Assemble, use, and maintain standard laboratory equipment including Schlenk lines, vacuum pumps, inert atmosphere chambers, rotary evaporators, distillation systems, recirculating chillers/heaters, and pressure vessels.
- Develop and execute the design of experiments to access the performance and lifetime of lithium-ion batteries.
- Perform various battery fabrication techniques, ranging from lab-scale manufacturing of electrodes and electrolytes to the electrochemical cells (coin/pouch cells and others).
- Verbal and digital communication of data and results on a daily and weekly basis.
- Efficient time management skills and safety awareness.
- Actively supporting and promoting safety culture.
- Maintain 5S: clean, safe, and organized working environments.