Messina Group is partnering with our client, a large magnesium manufacturing company, located in Salt Lake City, Utah to locate a Business Systems Analyst for a direct-hire role offering outstanding compensation, benefits, and relocation assistance.
The Business Systems Analyst acts as the liaison between our client's various business units, its IT department, and its technology partners. The analyst will complete business cases in support of projects; participate in or facilitate systems process modeling and research efforts, and act as an internal consultant and review all documents on projects. They will create, modify, and test the code and scripts that allow computer applications to run, work from specifications drawn up by software and web developers or other individuals, and may develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
About our Client:
Our client is a proud United States manufacturing company dedicated to the safe production of Magnesium. Lowing their C02 emissions footprint lies at the heart of their core values. Culture is described as detail-oriented, team-oriented, and stable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes. Resulting in improved systems, processes, and timeliness.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end-users.
- Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions.
- Maintains a current knowledge of rules, regulations, and compliance issues affecting the operation.
- Sets the standard for safety, professionalism, and performance.
- Work Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, will sometimes have to fix urgent issues over the weekend as the client operates 24/7/365
- Remote?: No, however some hybrid flexibility
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah