Messina Group seeks a Chemistry Manager for our client, a fast-growing testing laboratory, in Turlock, California.
The Chemistry Manager manages a departmental staff that conducts testing on foods and ensures the reliability, timeliness, and accuracy of the results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides operational, technical, and administrative leadership to the Chemistry Department through management, planning and allocation of resources.
- Effectively manage the Chemistry staff relating to performance management. Coach and mentor staff to facilitate their personal and professional growth.
- Consistently produce accurate results focusing on both test results and time consideration/expectations. Ensure all results consistently stand up to internal and external audit standards and criteria
- Develop ongoing business analysis resulting in recommending, implementing, and maintaining practices and processes to continuously increase accuracy, productivity, and efficiency.
- Develop, measure, and maintain processes to increase the accuracy of testing and turnaround time. Ensure appropriate equipment and technical resources are provided and maintained for the work done in the department.
- Maintain a wide-ranging familiarity with new developments in technology.
- Act in the capacity of a Consultant to clients utilizing resourcefulness, making scientific suggestions, and overall.
- Effectively interact with clients to understand client issues and manage client expectations relating to the testing process, the format of results, and time frames for completion. Ensure all tests are performed as per the clients’ expectations and interact with them to provide test results and recommendations.
- Effectively communicate with clients on samples provided. Including communicating with governmental agencies such as the FDA and USDA to explain test results on behalf of the client.
- Review and validate results and final reports prior to issuance to clients.
- Ensures execution of the QA/QC programs and ISO requirements with regard to all operations and documentation requirements.
- Coordinate all relevant QC records pertaining to the calibration, validation, and maintenance of equipment, and the continuous training of employees and maintain all quality management records for the Chemistry department.
- Collaborate with other departments and with the Management team to maintain and improve our client's Management systems.
- Work effectively, in conjunction with the Management team to meet business and position expectations.
- Other duties as required.