Messina Group seeks a Clinical Laboratory Scientist for our client, a fast-growing CLIA-certified clinical laboratory, in Orange, California.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) will perform laboratory tests, procedures, and analyses to provide data for
the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases. The CLS is also responsible for ensuring that all laboratory duties are completed as scheduled as well as producing accurate and timely laboratory results in accordance with the laboratory’s standards and procedures.
- Day Shift: 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
- Night Shift: 10:00 pm – 6:30 am
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs complex analytical tests or procedures, recognizes deviation from expected results, and takes appropriate action to maintain accuracy and precision
- Follows established procedures and evaluates and solves problems related to collection and processing of biological specimens for analysis
- Recognizes factors that affect measurements and results, analyzes QC data, makes judgments concerning the results and takes appropriate action to maintain accuracy and precision
- Ensures that all patient results are not reported until corrective actions have been taken and the systems are functioning properly
- Establishes and monitors Quality Control data, take action based on data as needed
- Recognizes abnormal test results and answers inquiries about them, the methodology, specificity, and sensitivity; answers questions about specific factors that can influence test results
- Resolves and troubleshoot all technical problems with the aid of the technical staff and ensures that remedial action is taken whenever a test deviates from the laboratory's performance standards
- Monitors and provides direct and constant supervision to laboratory technicians who are assisting in the testing process to ensure that they are performing only allowed procedures as defined in the laboratory SOP and State and Federal Regulations.
- Ensures, implement, and supports compliance with all departmental and company policies and procedures including but not limited to Quality and Safety
- Ensures that all documentation provided associated with test results, maintenance records, and quality control are detailed, accurate, and legible
- Ensure that instruments are running at their optimum performance through routine and preventive maintenance.
- Monitors performance of equipment by implementing QA and QC procedures.
- Monitors trends in service requests and implement corrective actions to improve operational efficiency and reduce downtime of the instruments.
- Assumes supervisions/management of the laboratory in the absence of the Laboratory Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, General Supervisor, and Laboratory Manager by giving direction, guidance to all personnel as necessary to complete testing and ensure all tasks are completed for the day.
- Assists in training and orientation of laboratory staff including but not limited to Clinical Laboratory Scientists, Laboratory Assistants, Phlebotomists, and other laboratory personnel
- Assists in performing staff competency assessments and annual staff performance reviews if needed.
- Assists in composing, reviewing, updating, and revising of new and current SOPs.
- Perform instrument performance/calibration verification, as needed.
- Reviews monthly and annual instrument maintenance logs.
- Assists with the development, optimization, and validation of new assays.