Website: Location: Houston, TX
Consolidation Controller is a key role within the Corporate Finance group and leads the global consolidation. This includes the execution of the global monthly close process, corporate consolidation, intercompany process, equity accounting, and working with the team to maintain effective internal controls. The position will be responsible for creating, streamlining and automating the existing consolidation process and helping develop a consolidation processes and infrastructure that is scalable. We have a unique opportunity to start fresh and build a winning, high growth culture. Join our journey and be a part of creating something great!
- Responsible for the successful execution of the financial statement close and consolidation process in accordance with the financial reporting policy and internal controls, including the recording of consolidating entries and reconciliation of inter-company related transactions.
- Review and analysis of the financial results to understand trends and inconsistencies to allow for timely identification of reporting errors.
- Lead/support new global ERP implementation in accounting and consolidation work stream
- Manage the global statutory audits with local accounting teams and audit firm.
- Manage and streamline the international entity accounting close process for multiple international entities
- Manage company worldwide monthly and quarterly accounting consolidation of domestic and international subsidiaries
- Reviewer in monthly close process for prepaid expenses, fixed assets, other assets, certain accruals, leases, equity accounts, & others at consolidation
- Reviewer of balance sheet account reconciliations
- Finance-led functional or cross functional projects to support scalability and M&A activities.
- Coordinate the global effort to ensure that International entities statutory accounts and annual reports are prepared and presented in accordance with applicable GAAP and local regulations
- Record accounting activity in the corporate accounting system
- Reconcile intercompany balances and ensure intercompany agreement terms and settlements are paid accurately
- Manage intercompany transactions and reconciliations in accordance with ASC 810
- Research international accounting guidance, assess ASC 830 requirements and develop policies and procedures that are aligned to GAAP guidance