As part of the Electrical and Mechanical Laboratories you will be testing and assembling new products as they are developed as well as testing existing products. You will also help develop and implement new laboratory test equipment. In this position you will be responsible for scheduling, performing, and documenting a test as requested and within the requested time constraint. The tasks involve good eye-hand coordination, the use of power and/or hand tools, working on ladders and/or personnel lifts, occasional work at extreme temperatures, and working at a computer terminal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- The setup and use of data acquisition equipment and other instrumentation to record data during the test.
- The setup and use of programmable equipment to perform laboratory test.
- The use of a computer to document a test, analyze test data, and document procedures.
- Troubleshooting, calibrating, and maintaining laboratory equipment.
- Working with voltages above 50 volts and as part of the Laboratory you will have high voltage training.
- Provide assistance, guidance, supplies, and equipment to other departments working in the Lab Extension.
- Receiving and notification of samples and material delivered to the Lab Extension.
- Operating a forklift and personnel lift that includes working above ground at heights of up to 40 ft.
- Designing and assembling custom test equipment or fixtures for new test.
- Occasional travel for field testing and training.
- Assembling new products from drawings
- Performing maintenance on Electrical and Mechanical Laboratory equipment