Messina is searching for a Controller for our client in Burr Ridge, IL.
The Controller is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Controller position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Develop and standardize policy and procedures.
- Develop budgets and reporting results.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinates the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; prepares special reports.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly closing general ledger entries.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Maintain financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Complete audits, identify trends, determining system improvements, and implementing change.
- Work with the CFO to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Support CFO with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Payroll processing back-up.
- Process positive pay transactions and distribute daily cash summary.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly bank compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Oversee filing of tax forms including but not limited to 1099s, 5500 reports.
- Analyze, oversee and assist in paying required taxes.
- Analyzes gross profit by revenue classification.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.