Messina Group seeks a direct hire Controls Engineer for our client in Lake Villa, IL to be responsible for researching and designing control systems, programming, documentation, and project managing capital projects.
Controls Engineering role working for a rapidly growing custom automation company that makes equipment for the Life Sciences industry. Responsibilities include control systems design and implementation on fast paced, large-scale automation projects. In this role, you will design controls systems, program PLCs, HMIs, robots, vision systems, and other proven, off-the-shelf technologies, and lead the startup of equipment (debugging and commissioning) both onsite and at customer facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design schematics, electrical panels, and develop BOMs to meet specifications.
- Perform programming on PLCs, robots, HMIs, and vision systems.
- Research components and integrated equipment and select electrical components that are field tested from partnered vendors.
- Ensure equipment meets all safety rules, applicable regulations, and relevant OSHA standards.
- Perform automation debug and commissioning.
- Support installation of equipment and equipment startup at customers’ sites.
- Create documents to transfer information to Electrical Assembly and Commissioning departments on machine design.
- Create testing and run off parameters to verify machine operating as designed.
- Create BOMs from customer requirements.
- Collaborate with Mechanical Engineering on station flow charts.
- Translate flow chart to sequence steps in Controls Document.
- Assist in preparing estimates and quotes.
- Act as technical electrical controls resource/support for company sales staff.
- Stay current in new developments within industries served. Keep informed of new applications/methods to improve systems/products.