Messina is searching for a Data & Analytics Specialist for our rapidly growing client, a trusted investment banking advisor to business owners and senior executives of leading private equity firms and public and privately held companies around the world. This is a direct hire/permanent role in downtown Chicago and the client currently offers a hybrid work schedule, 3-days onsite and 2-days remote.
This employer will provide you the opportunity to grow and develop your career in a collaborative work environment and your work efforts and successes will be rewarded with generous annual increases and performance bonuses. They also offer their employees a competitive benefits plan, i.e., health & dental insurance, flexible-spending accounts, and deferred compensation program through its 401(k) and profit-sharing.
This excellent opportunity will function as a key member of our client’s Business Enablement team that offers a cohesive and supportive work environment. The Data & Analytics Specialist will become knowledgeable of the client’s advisory business, gain a general understanding of the client base and various types of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), and become proficient in the client’s customized Salesforce Cloud Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database which is used to track new business activity, customer contacts, and M&A and Capital Advisory transactions, and create pitches and maintain deal stages. Additional tasks include, Report Management, Closed Deal Marketing, train and support Salesforce users within the US and globally, and extract and transform data from/to the system.
The Data & Analytics Specialist should have relevant professional experience, be entrepreneurial, poised and able to deal with many different people both inside as well as outside the firm. Strong communication skills are critical to success in this role. Willingness and ability to work overtime is necessary.
Primary duties are as follows:
- Become knowledgeable of our client’s business and understand how M&A deal processes work
- Become proficient in Salesforce and perform the following functions:
- Contacts – enter contacts into Salesforce related to new hires and other additions, and merge any duplicate contacts for the office
- Pitches/Deals – create pitches in Salesforce and add deal team staffing, work with deal teams to keep deals stages and other relevant information up to date
- Management Reporting – run reports for Management, i.e., Meeting agendas, list of pitches and/or deals activity, meeting notes etc
- Closed Deal Marketing – oversee certain aspects of closed deal processes
- Salesforce Training and Support – assist with trouble-shooting, function as a “go-to” expert for using Salesforce within the United States and globally