The Technology & Breakthrough Innovation (T&BI) team drives the creation of new product solutions for customers by exploiting new technologies and enabling breakthrough product development for the fast-evolving intelligent grid. Technically sophisticated on the inside, future systems must deliver unparalleled user experience, outstanding long-term value, and profitable revenue streams. This role supports the development and production of vacuum-based technologies using specialized prototyping and testing laboratories that lead to new breakthrough products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, design, prototype, and build unique vacuum interrupters that meet the required switchgear specifications and relevant industry standards. Propose design elements that are useful and novel, which have the potential for IP protection.
- Collaborate with switchgear engineers to trade-off performance attributes at the interfaces between the switchgear and vacuum interrupter.
- Self-starting investigations to seek root causes for design performance using formal problem-solving techniques.
- Design and test the performance of vacuum arc control structures.
- Author VI datasheets and design test programs to validate the performance of the product to the datasheet.
- Pursuing assignments with a “can do” attitude and sense of urgency.