Messina Group is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer for a long term contract role. Occasionally the candidate will need to be able to commute to the Chicago O'Hare area but the bulk of the work can be done remotely.
Work with the SW engineering organization to implement and develop userspace Linux applications for ARM based target environments. This includes the ability to interact with, understand, and debug Linux applications, work with Linux kernel and POSIX interfaces, and provide strong Linux development knowledge.
- Develop content using Linux system APIs, POSIX, MQTT, DBus, STL, and C++.
- Write and debug Linux applications to support current products, and develop future products.
- Work with Debian based Yocto Linux target environments.
- Work closely with a large set of other internal groups to help with SW development needs and requirements.
- Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Assume full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments.
- Operate efficiently within Agile/Scrum based SW development.