The Meeting & Event Specialist position is responsible for flawless execution of meeting logistics from inception through completion, including onsite management. This role will encounter a variety of types of meetings including conventions, sales meetings, etc. Projects will be assigned based on skillset with some responsibilities being in support of senior-level planners and the manager. Based on your experience, I thought you might be interested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish trusted working relationships with stakeholders and vendors.
- Manage regional conventions, tracking of conference submissions/approvals, sponsorship payments, reporting, and final billing reconciliation.
- Manage patient advocacy organizational fundraiser walk events managing the sponsorship selection, graphics etc.
- Be the subject matter expert on the online convention portal system. Provide training to field sales and be a resource for questions.
- Manage development and inventory of graphics to be used for regional conventions and maintain tracking of expiration to ensure compliance with promotional policies.
- For conventions, act as direct point of contact with applicable associations. Review and communicate association guidelines and policies as outlined in their prospectus to stakeholders, including making recommendations for sponsorships.
- Project Management of the meeting – set up planning calls, providing deadlines of deliverables, and maintaining ongoing communications between stakeholders, creative agency, and exhibit agency.
- Sourcing and contract housing, meeting space, and/or event venue appropriate and compliant according to company guidelines.
- Maintain working documentation that highlights all logistical specifications and can be provided to confirm expectations with suppliers. (ie. Housing, Audio Visual, Food & Beverage, Exhibit booth, etc.)
- Develop registrations websites for attendees to refer for meeting information, as well as register requirements for housing, travel, etc.
- Partner with approved travel management company to book air travel for sales meetings.
- Obtain a list of required materials, order from warehouse, track shipment, and ensure they are appropriately distributed.
- Ensure all meetings are fiscally responsible by creating an estimated budget for business approval, plan according to the budget, reconcile final costs providing a budget vs. actual with captured negotiated savings.
- Review company policies and communicate compliance guidelines surrounding planning to the intended audience. Ensure healthcare provider reporting is completed on-time and accurately.
- Meeting assignments will be determined based on the complexity and time requirements. Scope of meetings may require a team of planners to execute and it will be required for this position to play a supportive role to other planners and the department manager.
- Travel may be required, not to exceed 10% of total hours over the year