Our client’s U.S. Fabrication Organization consists of multiple departments responsible for the manufacturing of most piece parts used to build a vast array of products. This organization is committed to the manufacturing and on-time delivery of these parts and the development of lean manufacturing techniques throughout our operations. This is a fast-paced, lean environment focused on meeting Key Performance Indicator goals while implementing significant process changes. This position requires an individual who has demonstrated high regard for people by treating them with dignity, respect, fairness, and consistency, with a proven track record of providing successful change while focusing on safety, quality, and productivity. The Supervisor position will provide supervision and direction for our Weld/Grind/Paint operations on 2nd shift and report to the Assistant Manager-Finishing Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing processes to continue transformation and adoption of Lean Manufacturing concepts to effectively meet all department goals
- Determining needs and scheduling employee work assignments to meet department goals.
- Developing and implementing processes to improve quality, delivery, productivity, and assure safe performance of all functions in the department using KPI boards
- Coaching and counseling direct reports and participating in establishing appropriate development plans
- Anticipating, investigating, and resolving departmental problems and conflicts.
- Promoting safety awareness and housekeeping and investigating and reporting on safety incidents.
- Contributing input and monitoring departmental budgets.
- Writing and conducting employee reviews.
- Initiating decisions regarding hires, promotions, corrective actions, and terminations.
- Identifying individual training and skill development criteria to meet departmental/divisional needs.
- Utilizing strong project management techniques involving major capital initiatives.