LabTemps is assisting our client in their search for a Food Safety & Quality Supervisor for a privately-owned provider of meals for the world's premier airlines and leading retail brands.
- Review and maintain of all Quality Assurance and Quality Control records, documents, and samples pertaining to HACCP, USDA, and FDA
- Coordinate activities with regulatory agents such as USDA and FDA
- Ability to prepare and directly manage third party customer audits
- This person will be instrumental in reviewing food safety processes and procedures
- Oversee inspection of incoming raw materials and outgoing finished goods to ensure the highest quality of products are delivered to customers
- Initial and ongoing training of the employees on policies and procedures
- Daily observations of production processes from preparation to packaging
- Conduct weekly evaluation of products and ingredients ex. Chef Tables
- Complete necessary Microbiological testing (internal and external testing) as assigned such as In-house ATP, In-house Listeria Spp., and Silliker Listeria Spp
- Attends bi-weekly QA conference calls
- Other duties assigned by Unit Manager and/or Corporate Quality Assurance.
Other Responsibilities and duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Knowledge of internal policies and procedures
- Competent to work independently within the area of expertise
- Ability to solve quality-related problems
- Ability to deal with a variety of compliance situations and implement continuous improvement.
- Knows and follows all safety requirements; strives to maintain a safe work environment.
- Effectively gives and receives feedback; willingly asks questions and seeks direction, as needed. Must be able to function within a team environment.
- Performs tasks under general supervision.