Messina Group seeks a Formulation Chemist for a direct-hire opportunity to join our client's paint team.
Our client boasts a friendly work environment where a work-life balance is promoted and competitive compensation, benefits, and relocation assistance are provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops new colors and products for customers, performs qualification testing of developed products and optimizes existing formulas for performance/cost-savings results.
- Responsible for evaluation and approval of raw materials.
- Communicates with Company personnel, customers, and suppliers on project-related matters.
- Establishes schedules and logs lab requests and projects assigned in areas of responsibility
- Coordinates work efforts with other chemists and technicians in setting priorities and accomplishing departmental objects as a team.
- Assist production with scale-up processes and problem analysis.
- Maintain good practice of safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Contributes to efforts for continuous improvement and reduction of costs/waste.