Reporting to the HR Manager, oversees human resource policies and programs in the areas of, employee relations, labor relations, staffing, EEO/AAP, benefits, and safety for our plant location. Provides direction and counsel regarding human resource aspects of plant operations in a union environment.
- Coordinating all Recruitment & Selection activities (e.g. processing applications, updating recruitment activity spreadsheets, preparation of interview letters, and coordinating the scheduling of interviews, liaison with line managers and recruitment agencies regarding vacancies).
- Maintain HR and benefit files, both electronically and hardcopy. Enroll employees in benefits through the HRIS, process enrollment changes, create new employee HR and benefit file folders, file employment and benefit documents, remove terminated employee files, along with other related daily processing.
- Support HR Manager in educating employees and management on and enforcing company policies.
- Make sure all health and safety regulations are followed.
- Execute all employee termination procedures including advising employees on their rights and any benefits they are entitled to as well as processing any terminations.
- Present any new or additional training materials to employees.
- Foster positive employee relations and work to solve any employee issues that surface or are brought to your attention.
- Make sure all employee records are filed correctly and kept confidential.
- Abide by company enforced HR processes and current employment laws and regulations.
- Support line managers in employee investigations with the HR Manager, and provide guidance to them by sitting in any union grievance meetings.
- Prepare and process employee HRIS transactions such as new hires, terminations, promotions and other job changes.
- Administer service award program, prepare annual, monthly and quarterly data.
- Responsible for the administration of FMLA/ADA leaves of absences.
- Administer unemployment claim claims.
- Process and file verifications of employment and other legal documents.