Messina is assisting our client, a global Mid-Market Investment Bank, in their search for an experienced associate for their Business Services Group.
Our client is a trusted investment banking advisor to business owners and senior executives of leading private equity firms and public and privately held companies around the world. Their advisory services include mergers and acquisitions, debt advisory, growth equity and restructuring for the mid-market. They also provide valuations and fairness opinions and joint ventures advisory services. As one tightly integrated team of more than 500 professionals across 16 countries, they offer an unobstructed perspective, backed by superb execution and a deep commitment to client success. With extensive industry knowledge and relationships, timely market intelligence and strategic insights, they forge deep, productive client relationships that endure for decades.
They are seeking Associates to join their rapidly growing M&A practice in Chicago and New York. Successful candidates have strong cognitive and interpersonal abilities, want to develop their professional and personal skills and are motivated by the prospect of building a leading M&A advisory firm.
The Associate position involves interacting closely with the firm’s senior bankers and clients’ senior executives. Associates are heavily involved in every aspect of an M&A transaction and ultimately, master the ability to execute a deal from start-to-finish. Given their global platform, Associates also receive a high level of exposure to international clients and buyers, thus further enhancing their experience. In addition, Associates are expected to contribute to Analysts’ development and support new business development efforts.
Our client continuously provides their Associates with opportunities beyond typical roles in order to accelerate professional development and maximize career trajectory.
- Performing financial analyses and valuations
- Conducting industry research
- Identifying and contacting potential buyers or acquisition targets
- Preparing confidential information memoranda and management presentations
- Interacting with senior bankers and clients’ senior executives
- Participating in new business meetings
- Hosting visits by potential buyers at client facilities
- Supporting senior bankers during transaction negotiations
- Facilitating due diligence and transaction closings
- Leading or implementing initiatives focused on growing the firm’s franchise value