Messina Group is searching for an IT Business Systems Manager; direct-hire, for our client in Franklin Park, IL.
The IT Business Systems Manager (ITBSM) oversees a team of application analysts responsible for designing, testing implementing and supporting applications, including, but not limited to: Oracle EBS, Oracle Cloud applications, eCommerce tools, Salesforce. The ITBSM maintains a global, enterprise-wide viewpoint, supporting the mission and vision of the organization. This role acts in the best interest of both IT and the business driving value for the company by enabling business process through the prudent use of technology. The ITBSM will report to the Director of Business solutions and will work with a combined team of analysts, architects, developers, and business subject matter experts to keep our processes automated and efficient. In doing so, the ITBSM will ensure timely support of configurations changes, data quality within the systems and be responsible for timely delivery of operational metrics and business KPIs. He/She will evaluate project requirements and enabling technologies to support scalability and the evolution of current in-house technologies. The role is comprised of tactical and people management as well as as-needed project management relating to system implementations.
- Lead and mentor internal staff and contractor teams:
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise activities related to the design, development, and implementation of organizational information systems and software applications.
- Responsible for driving maintenance and support of existing systems and applications.
- Coach and develop staff.
- Ensure consistent, high-quality work from the analyst team through creating, enhancing, and enforcing:
- Project standards
- QA/testing standards
- Documentation standards
- Able to assist and mentor business systems analysts across a breadth of business applications and platforms.
- Able to work with functional business and IT experts to quickly map functional business requirements.
- Consult with internal and external clients to prioritize and plan for the execution of the global systems strategy.
- Researches, analyzes, and understands changing technology; works with the enterprise architect to understand how technology may be best applied
- As needed, can serve as a project manager for IT-based solutions. Leads the Initiation, Planning, Execution, Quality Control, and Closeout activities. Directs the creation of internal estimates and validates the proposals of third-party contractors.
- As needed, perform functional project tasks in support of strategic company objectives.
- Participate in a major incident leader rotation, assisting with periodic resolution of outages or high-priority application interruption.
- Generate and manage quality control reports, management reports, status reports, and system assessment reports.
- Collaborate with technology teams and business users to manage implementation, training, and change management.