Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of lab standards and reagents.
- Calibration of instruments and support equipment to ensure accurate data gathering.
- Perform quality control and ensure results meet data quality objectives.
- Document all aspects of the analytical process to ensure complete audit/reconstruction of results.
- Perform routine maintenance, cleaning, troubleshooting and basic repair of laboratory instruments and support equipment.
- Maintain inventories of supplies, materials, chemicals and equipment. Submit order requisition requests for replacement supplies.
- Perform accurate and on-time preparation and analysis of samples according to approved Standard
- Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Minimize re-analysis.
- Review laboratory data and enter results into LIMS
- Write and update SOPs to ensure they are compliant with the approved test method and are reflective of actual procedure used.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Notify Department Supervisor and other pertinent individuals regarding status of work and delays
- Participate in meetings by being on-time, prepared and engaged.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, biology or related physical science.
- Prefer applicants who have completed organic and analytical chemistry.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of on-the-job experience using a GC and/or GC/MS including instrument troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Experience beyond undergraduate or graduate research.
- Experience with EPA methods is a plus.
- Schedule: 8-5
- Location: Geneva