Messina Group is seeking a Laboratory Trainer for a direct-hire opportunity with our client in central Washington State. This role offers relocation assistance and benefits. The company is a major leading supplier of high-purity, high-performance chemicals to all segments of the flat panel and semiconductor industries.
Position Under the direction of the Department Manager, the Trainer will coordinate the training of other team members by working independently and with other department team members. They will train against Lab procedures, basic lab practices, and overarching policies. Intended outcome is to correctly train and certify team members to perform job duties safely and without errors in the Lab department. The Lab trainer will also conduct Job observations and 5S audits. The Lab Trainer will demonstrate professional appearance, behavior and attitude at all times while performing his/her job duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Oversee and conduct training and certification of new employees and re-training of existing employees as needed.
- Facilitate onboarding of new hires and provide feedback to hiring manager.
- Create and update SEDs for department teams, working with leads and managers to ensure employees are assigned to appropriate SEDs.
- Manage training of Technicians, scheduling and performing training or coordinating training with qualified subject matter expert support as needed.
- Oversee training performed by other team members (leads, subject matter experts, etc) to ensure training is performed well and documented appropriately.
- Solicit feedback from department members and leaders on potential safety concerns, new processes, and gaps with existing processes that could benefit from additional or enhanced training, enhanced documentation, or generation of job aids and work with department leaders to review and implement appropriate changes.
- Drive the scheduling, content, and review of lessons learned for department safety drills and Job Safety Analyses (JSAs). Coordinate lessons learned reviews and solicit feedback from team members.
- Maintain training records.
- Update training paperwork for tracking in Training Management System (Intelex)
- Review Intelex at least twice a month to schedule any training or recertification’s needed for employees and update training records for completed certifications.
- Work with Technicians and Leads to coordinate training schedules with minimal disruption to critical processes and communicate (email) scheduled training to affected team members.
- Sign up Lab employees for any cross departmental training needed in the training calendar, as appropriate.
- Identify procedures or skills with two or fewer certified Technicians and work with Leads and Managers to enhance business continuity planning by ensuring adequate certified back ups are developed as needed.
- Drive the development of appropriate training materials, job aids, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and other training and reference media as needed.
- Take an active role in auditing and improving procedures and practices.
- Work with Leads, Managers, and subject matter experts to ensure procedures are clear, specific, and facilitate standardized execution of processes by all personnel and shifts to minimize variation and maintain safety and quality standards.
- Conduct 5S audits to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure that safety requirements are adequately described and training includes safety focus.
- Write and edit procedures and job aids as assigned.
- Perform Job Observations to verify all Technicians are doing their jobs exactly to procedures on all shifts.
- Maintain constant communication with Leads and Manager when identifying issues in the Laboratory area.
- Perform and schedule Quarterly Team Building activities within Department.
- Hold Technicians accountable.
- Ensure all operators are always wearing the correct PPE.
- Ensure that all operators are following procedure.
- Ensure all operators are staying on task.
- Uses knowledge and good discretion when certifying Employees on procedures to verify they are competent to perform.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Competencies:
- People Development-Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working
- Training Coordination– Actively and continuously promote a learning environment that supports the values, customer focus/satisfaction, as well as safety culture. Maintain open communication of training status and initiatives to department manager and/or supervisors. Actively participating in training coordination meetings and/or training. Work with department manager/supervisor to maintain at least a 93% current department training status on the quarterly metrics. Use Intelex in an effective and efficient manner.