The Learning and Development Manager role is to champion the employee education program focused on developing the hourly workforce to advance their careers while meeting business needs. This role will focus on designing and implement programs to support growing our flexibility, workforce proficiency, leadership engagement, performance assessments, and hourly succession planning. This position holder will work closely with leaders, HR Business Partners, and Talent Management to identify training needs and create strategic solutions for improving flexibility across an entire company. This requires the position holder to be outgoing, lean manufacturing minded, with an eye towards organizational development to thrive in this role. This role requires roughly 40% of their time spent in a shop floor production environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive Employee Engagement Strategy
- Partner with human resources teams and business leaders to implement employee engagement strategies. This can include talent systems, mentoring programs, succession planning, and more.
- Development Corporate Training Programs
- Collaborate with their talent development team to design training programs.
- Work with corporate leadership to identify individual learning initiatives that facilitate employee development.
- Ensure that key talent gets needed resources and information to effectively lead an organization towards strategic goals.
- Ensure that leadership development happens at an appropriate level that meets the current and future needs of their company.
- Manage Orientation for New Employees
- Manage new hire orientation and onboarding experiences for new employees
- Assist in the creation of internal company career path and assist with identifying high potential individuals, determine work abilities, and professional support needed to engage and retain new talent.
- Conduct Talent Assessments
- Conduct career and talent assessments to individuals
- Utilize leadership development strategies, tools, and processes to identify learning needs and employee competencies.
- Use the results of talent assessments to identify and fill key skill gaps, identify employee readiness, and retention risks.
- Measure Overall Training Effectiveness
- Establishing ways to measure the total effectiveness of all learning and development programs is a key responsibility of talent development managers.
- Carefully monitor and report training data and statistics, focusing on improving employee abilities and strengthening the skill set of a company’s existing workforce.