Messina Group seeks a Maintenance Manager to be responsible for building and leading a team of maintenance technicians and manages the maintenance activities in all stages of the pilot plant launch and early commercialization. The maintenance manager will also be part of early-stage biotechnology that will positively impact people around the globe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, lead, and develop the site maintenance team to assure the safe and efficient execution of all maintenance and utility activities for all stages of pilot and early commercial operations.
- Direct maintenance prioritization, planning, and execution for the site.
- Provide a positive role model for all plant personnel in safety and quality.
- Establish safety as a priority within the Maintenance Department and throughout the entire plant.
- Establish, review, and modify the Preventative Maintenance Schedule as necessary.
- Evaluate major sources of machine downtime and creates preventive maintenance and action plans to improve machine efficiency and reliability.
- Assure that there are adequate parts in stock/on order to efficiently maintain the equipment and facility.
- Identify safety issues that may arise due to equipment modification
- Prepare facility maintenance and maintenance projects between contractors and maintenance.
- Establish and manage relationships with third-party maintenance contractors.
- Assure best practices are applied to maintenance and that standards are met.
- Work closely with quality, regulatory, and product development functions to meet corporate goals, including timelines, for product launches.
- Ensure the plant is compliant with all local, federal, and state electrical, mechanical, plumbing, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Schedule: 8-5
- Location: Chicago
- Duration: Contract to Hire