Messina Group seeks a 2nd-Shift Maintenance Technician for our client in Lewisville, Texas, for a Direct-Hire opportunity.
The maintenance technician will maintain and service our client's plant operating equipment, HVAC, electrical, and in-plant general necessities. Other duties may also be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment, and facility/building issues. Knowledge of 110v, 240v, and 480v systems and low voltage controls
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics
- Ability to program and service PLC’s, plus read ladder logic and understand
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical problems
- Working knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Ability to read hydraulic schematics
- Working knowledge of pneumatic systems
- Ability to read pneumatic schematics
- Working knowledge of and proper use of all hand tools
- Ability to weld, fabricate items with mig and arc welding
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Working knowledge and use of all meters and gauges needed to perform all duties.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Follow and or assist in the development of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Programs Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding of all mechanical equipment and its maintenance needs. Must be able to inspect parts for conformance.
- Experience with the following equipment is preferred, but not required:
- Manual Lathe experience
- Brake Presses
- Punch Presses
- Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of maintenance experience and or an Associate’s degree in Electrical Studies or apprenticeship program
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out a repair, maintenance, and service situation. Ability to deal with non-standardized situations on a daily basis. Ability to use standard instructions provided by manufacturers of plant equipment, and install/repair plant equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to perform tasks such as: climbing a ladder, use of aerial platforms, repetitively pushing or pulling with arms in any position including overhead, and lifting 50 pounds intermittently as needed. The employee must have a reasonable range of motion and strength of all extremities and spinal segments as determined by a physical exam.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. We are not a climate-controlled facility; therefore, summer heat and winter cold are conditions that should be expected.