The Manager, Test Engineering has leadership responsibility in the Quality support organization and promotes quality test automation to product and end-of-the-line production test equipment support. In this role, you will lead the Test Engineering organization that applies its expertise and knowledge in finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve quality output and continuous improvements working with the rest of the Quality organization, Operations, Engineering, Sourcing, Service and D&I.
As a key leader in the Quality organization, you will be:
- Leading the team by establishing team direction, schedules, and key objectives
- Balancing business needs, aggressive timelines, and functional goals in Test Engineering
- Developing and coordinating a team that recognizes quality and process improvements
- Guiding the team in planning, developing, and conducting tests on electronic components, products, and systems, applying knowledge and principles of electronic theory, testing methodology and procedures, and electronic engineering
- Ensures proper representation of Test Engineering in the product development teams.
- Participates in product development meetings to ensure product testability.
- Provides feedback, schedule and budget details to the new product development teams in relation to test equipment.
- Ensures maintenance of all existing production test equipment at contract manufacturers and our client’s manufacturing facilities.
- Works with the team to develop sufficient and cost-effective optimal test equipment. Holds test systems spec and design reviews.
- Develops and implements new testing methods and technologies, utilizing computer-based hardware simulators.
- Research alternative strategies for product improvement to increase manufacturing yield.
- Works with design houses, contract manufacturers, test equipment vendors and test labs.
- Discusses test philosophy with new contract manufacturers to assure high quality levels.
- Evaluates schematics, hardware and software designs meant to emulate and test electronic printed circuit boards, electronic assemblies, or complete finished goods.
- Creates and maintains all Test Engineering procedures, instructions and forms.