Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained, safety and environmental procedures are followed, and identify and report unsafe conditions – correct unsafe conditions if possible.
- Maintain competency in the operation of Coating, Metalizing, Slitting, and Finishing production equipment.
- Manufacture product to specification by following construction cards; troubleshoot quality non-conformances and machine breakdowns or failures as needed and in accordance with training and work instructions.
- Follow departmental work instructions and procedures to ensure safe, quality, and efficient output.
- Follow production schedule, perform transactions in ERP system, and label goods in accordance with work instructions.
- Must be able to perform all required tasks in the ERP system (SAP).
- Effectively communicate production status to incoming shift to ensure production continuance.
- Communicate quality and/or scheduling issues to shift coworkers and direct supervisors.
- Exhibit a teamwork approach, and proactively assist co-workers.
- Participate in cross-training programs as needed to ensure departmental overlap.
- Assist maintenance crew in identifying and troubleshooting equipment malfunctions, corrective action, repair, and assist with preventative maintenance.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and a clutter-free, clean, and organized work area in accordance with 5S policies and practices.
- Assist with the development and implementation of standard operating procedures, work instructions, and Job Safety Analysis.
- 7:00 am to 3:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm on a rotating basis every two weeks. Need to be available 3rd shift occasionally to help cover when people take vacations. (No weekends).