The incumbent will provide mechanical engineering technical expertise and maintenance support on a plant-wide basis to improve equipment availability and reliability as well as plan and schedule corrective and preventive maintenance activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that machinery, electrical systems, and infrastructure, run safely and optimally with minimal downtime.
- Proactively work with Production for continuous improvement in areas of energy efficiency and processing equipment.
- Direct and assist maintenance team and contractors in maintaining and troubleshooting existing mechanical equipment, processes, and facilities. Communicate directly with operations to coordinate maintenance and repair work.
- Manage and maintain the system for tracking work orders, spare parts (strategic inventory), and maintenance history of plant equipment through the CMMS. Utilize and monitor metrics for continuous improvement.
- Plan and schedule corrective and preventative maintenance activities by task and priority level as well as order parts and tools needed to complete work orders.
- Utilize system drawings and diagrams to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems, equipment, and components and repair, as necessary.
- Improve plant uptime by implementing preventative and predictive maintenance programs (oil analysis, vibration monitoring, infrared, etc.).
- Follow critical repairs closely to document findings and best practices to prevent rework and callouts.
- Responsible for the collection of equipment operation and history data to identify improvement opportunities.
- Assist in the design, specifications, contractor selection, and installation of new equipment, processes, and facilities (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and automation).
- Promote safety and actively participate and support the plant Process Safety Management program.
- Schedule: 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Location: Schererville, IN