Assist Plant Quality Manager in coordinating and executing objectives in cooperation with other departments, to maximize product quality and minimize costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and coordinate resolution of metrology inefficiencies that contribute to increased quality costs.
- Utilizes programming knowledge in creating and implementing automated inspection techniques to reduce internal and external failures.
- Assists Plant Quality Manager in coordinating schedules and delegating work within the department.
- Makes recommendations regarding staffing, salary, and performance reviews with the input of the Plant Quality Manager. Takes necessary corrective or disciplinary actions with subordinates as necessary.
- Maintains attendance records for payroll processing.
- Organizes meetings for employees to facilitate communication and resolve issues.
- Develops new and improves existing methods of measurement and ensures implementation through completion.
- Responsible for design, producing, implementation, and improvement of measurement fixtures.
- Responsible for assessment of measuring equipment utilization.
- Responsible for calibration and maintenance of gauges and fixtures.
- Plans, promotes, and supervises training for MetrologyTechnicians and Quality Inspectors to use developed, automated, and manual measurement techniques, measuring machines, gages, and fixtures.
- Responsible for the performance of start-up measurement, first piece inspection, validation of molded Parts and Assemblies, Gage R&R, and Correlation Studies.
- Responsible for maintaining weekly accuracy verification of Optical Comparators, Optical Gauging Machines, and CMMs.
- Assures proper sampling of molded and assembled products and performed dimensional and functional inspections per Sample Requests, Validation Protocols, Work Instructions, and special requests from customers.
- Coordinates inspection request activities with individuals involved, such as: Quality Control, Project Manager, Quality Engineer, and others.
- Performs data analysis applying intermediate-level knowledge of statistics for normality, power, standard deviation, capability, and other statistical calculations.
- Executes specific responsibilities as defined within the company quality system.
- Supports and maintains all policies of the company including but not limited to applicable FDA regulatory and ISO requirements, Health and Safety Requirements, and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Schedule: 8-5
- Location: Buffalo Grove