The Plant Cost Analyst will provide analytical information on variable and fixed costs for the plant. This position will provide analytics using forecast, standard costs, inventory, labor, and information on variances to inform the Plant Leadership Team and Executive Team regarding the financial position of the company.
This position assists with preparing capital expenditure analysis, business analytics, and visualization to assist business leaders with useable data. The position leverages strong accounting and analysis backgrounds to explore historical costing data, and develop models to analyze performance, cost savings, and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the plant’s performance against prior year, annual operating plan (AOP), and latest estimates (LE) to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan
- Responsible for delivery of timely, accurate and consistent financial and management reporting, while identifying business insights to enhance decision making.
- Monitors operating key results and key performance indicators, tracks expenses and revenues vs. budget and reforecast and analyzes fluctuations
- Analyzes information, identifies and tracks trends and patterns. Simplifies large amounts of data into succinct reports and provides documentation based on analytics.
- Escalates upward communication when trends and/or patterns require immediate action. Provides direct and fact base documentation of the analysis for decision making.
- Researches and resolves inquiries as part of the sales and operations planning process (S&OP). Works closely with Integrated Business Planning department, Go-To-Market departments, and Operations Departments to understand and anticipate/estimate financial results.
- Compiles current and past trends using key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of production, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Creates and maintains automation in reporting using business intelligence and data analytic tools including Power BI.
- Supports annual plan effort by calculating and loading standards into SAP and ERP system
- Completes monthly financial statement actual vs budget variance analysis.
- Builds inventory standard costs, reviews standard costs and loads information into SAP and ERP systems
- Improves performance through process efficiencies and value-added enhancements
- Prepares written communication and financial presentations
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Addendum with additional specific duties and responsibilities may be provided