Messina Group and Verdant Specialty Solutions (https://www.verdantspecialty.com/) are seeking to hire a full-time, permanent Process Control Engineer. The Engineer will provide technical expertise and day-to-day engineering in support of the batch operations and improvement of the manufacturing facility and support/execution of the site capital program as it applies to instrumentation and controls. This will include interaction with the operations, maintenance, engineering, and contractor employees, design and modification of existing and new equipment, programming, and facilities, gathering and analyzing data, troubleshooting problems, identify root causes, present conceptual solutions, prepare detailed engineering, equipment design, feasibility studies, recommend and implement process improvements. This individual must be committed to the site's Manufacturing Excellence Program. They will be focused on reliability, operability, and safety of processes, controls, and automation; benchmarking and improving process performance, and implementing robust systems to sustain improvements. They must be a leader in the effort to achieve superior Health, Safety, and Environmental performance, especially in the areas of process safety (PSM, RMP, PHMP, etc.).
- Coordinate the development of controls for new projects and ensure these are implemented to achieve required levels of safety, reliability, and operability.
- Manage capital projects, construction, and commissioning as it applies to Instrumentation and Controls.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Develop programs to control and optimize various chemical processes in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Provide 24/7 remote technical support of plant process control systems.
- Provide process analysis for process control project feasibility determination.
- Stay current on developments in the field of instrumentation and control technology.
- Provide technical input to the development of new processes.
- Train production and engineering personnel on process controls
- Developing information for job and project cost estimates by preparing equipment lists, determining technical service needs, and vendor, contractor, and any outside consulting requirements.
- Providing supervision of engineering, design, construction, commissioning, and start-up of process control systems.
- Providing technical support for process design functions by preparing standards, equipment specifications, and verification of compliance with codes, standards, sound design principles, etc.
- Create and maintain documentation systems for all aspects of instrumentation and controls for the site.
- Work with equipment vendors on purchases, installation, and configuration of automated systems; will support facility, utility, manufacturing, and packaging-related control systems; and will develop and execute test strategies.
- Analyze failures, repairs, and maintenance requirements for control system components in order to proactively address system weaknesses.
- Take ownership of the entire process control system. Maintain system security and backups, and perform system upgrades. Communicate to management problems that could lead to business continuity problems.
- Work closely with Operators, Process Engineers, Production Supervision, and Maintenance.
- Responsible for the safe and effective control system design.
- Steward of Management of Change.
HEALTH, SAFETY, AND ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for personal safety and overall plant achievement of zero lost-time injuries, zero recordable injuries, and zero environmental incidents.
- Ensure process control systems are designed, installed, operated, and maintained such that the facilities are safe and reliable.
- Establish SIS design and implementation methodologies that deliver required SIL performance.
- Establish testing methods and schedules for control system components consistent with process safety requirements.
- Provide Process Control support for process hazards analysis reviews, process design modifications, risk assessment reviews, and incident investigations.
- Submit, manage and implement Management of Change as required.
- Stay familiar with current safety rules and regulations
- Demonstrate through daily actions that reinforce the corporate values; a personal commitment to a safe, healthy, and environmentally sound workplace.
- Participate in monthly plant safety meetings and complete assigned training
- Additional responsibilities as described in site policies and procedures.