Messina Group is seeking a Process Engineer for a direct, permanent hire opportunity. The Process Engineer will be responsible for providing daily technical support for a Lansing facility Manufacturing department(s) under the direction of the Engineering Manager and specific Plant Superintendent of that department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process/equipment troubleshooting (including process control systems), utilization of SPC to improve batch quality, and assistance with cost reduction and quality improvement programs.
- The expectation is that a successful applicant will develop skill sets and work on small scale capital projects.
- The main responsibility for this individual will be coordinating/facilitating several efficiency initiatives within the department and following through on them to the point of realized benefits.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Analyzes and plans space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Move waste from generation point to 90-day Storage Area
- Properly close and label waste containers using our client's procedures
- General Employee Training (Annual)
- Hazardous Waste / RCRA Training (Annual)
- DOT General Awareness Training (Every 3 years)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, or related Engineering Field
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills as a team player
- Strong technical and communication (oral and written) skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Developing leadership skills.
- Must have proven success in project management and can implement business process improvements affecting multiple departments.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form using a variety of communication techniques and tools to ensure appropriate flow of information.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries, and/or complaints
- Displays courtesy, tact and respect when dealing with others.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to successful completion
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Promotes a harassment-free environment
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships; demonstrates a commitment to teamwork
- Maintains a strong attention to detail
- Highly developed computer skills in Excel, Word, and other office programs
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Ability to identify and define problems, collect, and analyzes data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work off shift hours to meet the needs of the business.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, and the ability to focus
Employee experiences constant interruptions and inflexible deadlines. The noise-level in this environment is quiet to moderate. Duties are performed indoors & outdoors. Out-of-town travel required as necessary for training and or to carry out duties and responsibilities.