Messina Group seeks a Production Planner for a Direct-Hire or Contract-to-Hire opportunity for our client in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The Production Planner plans and prepares production schedules for the manufacture of Finished Goods and intermediates in the manufacturing plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Matches production demand, plant capacity capabilities, and raw material availability to develop daily production schedules
- Review critical material reports for raw material shortage and adjust production schedules accordingly. Work with purchasing to verify delivery dates.
- Monitor distress and expired material for re-work opportunities.
- Run production reports and monitor batches for cycle times
- Completes inventory part setup for new items to manufacture
- Investigate any yield discrepancies
- Participates in daily production meetings to review production schedule with affected departments
- Maintains safety stock and lot size parameters to optimize inventory levels of Finished Goods, which creates an accurate demand for production based on forecast and sales history.
- Develop and maintain a line of communications between sales and customer service.
- Establish agreed-upon completion dates and production priorities.
- Utilize the Business Operating System to report operations completed, materials issued, and other related transactions.
- Participates in physical inventory activities
- Perform other duties as assigned.