Messina Group seeks a Production Team Lead for our client, a family-owned national innovative coatings company, in Clearwater, Florida.
The Production Team Lead performs all operations required to check, assemble, mix, blend, and grind ingredients to create an accurate batch of products to meet customer’s specifications. Clean up and storage of equipment and work with the Quality Control Lab are essential. The Team Lead duties include providing backup for the Production Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately follow batch ticket instructions to make specific product.
- Assemble accurate measurements of ingredients through use of scales and gather other equipment and ingredients as needed to make specific batch.
- Complete proper documentation (such as batch tickets) correctly and accurately. Enter data into log.
- Clean up and properly store equipment used. Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- Provide instructions to teammates in the absence of the shift supervisor
- Learn the scheduling procedures in order to back up the Manufacturing Coordinator
- As part of the housekeeping procedures, the employee may be involved with the disposal of hazardous waste. The initial training of how to properly dispose of hazardous waste will be performed by the Environmental and Safety Coordinator or the department supervisor. Annual training of the same will be performed by the Environmental and Safety Coordinator.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.