The Global Quality Assurance (QA) organization provides a variety of services aimed at helping its internal customers, leaders, and team members, deliver superior quality to our customers. We are seeking a project level electronics engineer experienced in the design and development of automated final unit test systems and component test systems including printed circuit board functional test systems for production. This position is part of the QA Automation Test Engineering group and has primary responsibility for specifying, designing, building, programming, verification & validation testing, commissioning, deployment and technical support for automated test systems used in Production Operations and Contract Manufacturers Operations. The successful candidate will report to the Manager – Automation Test Engineering and will be in Franklin, WI. Some travel will be required to other locations, suppliers, and contract manufacturers.
Automation Test Engineers are embedded in agile new product development teams, as well as in existing product engineering and production operations project teams. As part of these teams you will participate in scrum and sprint meetings and work closely with the product owners and developers to ensure the concurrent development of the automated test systems meet all the product test requirements for the new products being developed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and establish the specifications and requirements for the development of automated test systems and equipment to meet specified product test requirements.
· Design, develop, build, program and implement automated test systems for products.
· Interacting with contract manufacturing teams to analyze and use quality feedback and data to improve product testing processes.
· Assessing existing production test systems equipment and suggesting opportunities for improvement, using tools such as DFMEA, DFMA, and performance testing.
· Creating test cases, test plans, test API’s, test VI’s, and LabView test programs to implement the product test requirements and test cases in the automated test systems.
· Escalating unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams and leadership.
· Preparing and conducting Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) plans, Commissioning Test plans, and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) plans for automated test systems.
· Preparing Automation Test Plans and training Product Engineering, Production and Contract Manufacturing Operations team members in standard work for operating the automated test systems.
· Interfacing with internal and external test equipment designers to ensure that all product test specifications and test system specifications are met.
· Coaching, training, mentoring and reviewing work of less experienced team members.