This position includes leading project engineering, electrical system design, power system controls design and programming, preparing specifications, and commissioning efforts to meet the requirements of various projects undertaken by Power System Solutions (PSS) group. This position is for an electrical project engineer, with a focus on SCADA and control systems. The role will be a combination of power system engineering, SCADA engineering, and microgrid control applications. Projects include distribution substations, commercial and industrial facilities, renewable energy facilities, microgrid systems, distribution automation systems, and standalone islanded systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Local area SCADA system design, including specifying and selecting IP-based networking and communications equipment, HMIs, RTUs, and other ancillary low-voltage equipment
- Interpreting written scopes of work, communicating with clients to understand requirements, and clearly defining engineering work
- Developing electrical drawings, including one-line, three-line, communication, and wiring diagrams
- Integrating distributions system equipment (e.g. switchgear and reclosers) with utility-scale SCADA systems
- Designing control systems and logic, including determining and implementing appropriate control sequences
- Providing appropriate technical guidance to engineers within the project teams to ensure design standards and work practices are implemented
- Develop standard work practices for use by the other project team members
- Developing settings for and programming of microprocessor relays, microgrid controllers, and programmable logic controllers
- Testing and on-site or remotely supporting commissioning of software, communication systems, relays, and power systems.