Messina Group seeks a Project Manager, Product Development for our client in Aurora, this is a contract to hire position.
Responsible for planning and overseeing projects from inception to completion to ensure timely and on-budget delivery of products and/or services. Responsible for monitoring progress, keeping all stakeholders informed, and following project management best practices and the PMO methodology, templates, and process. The Project Manager will track project management metrics, and put a strong emphasis on schedule, risk, benefits, and stakeholder management. The Project Manager will coordinate cross-functional teams including engineering, sourcing, marketing, manufacturing, and finance. This position will also contribute to the maturation of the methodology, deliverables, and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead projects from initiation to closeout.
- Complete project deliverables.
- Define scope, requirements and translate them to design for engineering implementation.
- Develop, manage, execute project plans consistent with project objectives.
- Plan resources needed for the project and manage them in an effective manner throughout the project.
- Manage project performance and track project.
- Support testing, change management, and go-to-market efforts including BOM set-up activities, training of in-life support teams.
- Manage external vendors and other relevant sourcing activities in scope for the initiative.
- Coordinate product integrations and hand-offs in alignment with functional group processes, i.e., engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Facilitate project team meetings, document action items, decisions, and follow-up to achieve progress.
- Provide project updates and adjustments to project stakeholders on a timely and consistent basis.
- Identify areas of opportunities and lessons learned to drive continuous improvement.
- The position requires a forward vision, situational awareness, strong relationship management skills, a commitment to learning.
- Schedule: 8-5
- Location: Remote/Aurora
- Duration: 6 Months +