Reporting to the Assistant Manager – Project Management, Global Sourcing & Strategic Supply Chain, this position is responsible for the end-to-end project management activities of key global projects within the Global Sourcing organization. These projects include new product development, risk mitigation, and other departmental objectives. The individual in this role is responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on time and per scope while closely monitoring and managing cost, risk, and requirement changes. This individual may also assist the Assistant Manager – Project Management, Global Sourcing & Strategic Supply Chain in ensuring global teams in the US, Canada, Mexico, and China are trained in project management. Work will be fully remote for now, although this may change after the pandemic is more under control.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Lead and guide new product development, risk mitigation, and other global sourcing projects while working with external suppliers and cross-functional teams.
- Follow, apply, and continuously improve defined Global Sourcing project management standards
- Guide, monitor, and coach the global sourcing team on project management standards.
- Enlist the individual support of the necessary Sourcing Manager(s) as needed.
- Serve as the liaison between suppliers and different stakeholders including global sourcing, supplier quality, engineering, and others.
- Pro-actively and continuously manage project cost, risks, issues, scope creep, schedule, technical requirements, changes, action items, etc.
- Maintain project status reports including a project risk assessment.
- Understand manufacturing processes, including quality standards like DFMs, PPAP, first inspection, etc.
- Experience with RFQs, managing, and monitoring cost through product development into production.
- Ensure project scope is fully understood and that suppliers deliver against requirements while meeting the project schedule, cost targets, and quality standards.