Overview: The purpose of the QC Chemist is to carry out QC lab analysis of raw materials, in-process samples, and final products so that results are accurately determined, carried out in a timely way, and properly communicated to customers. Ensures that the manufacturing operation is well supported and outside customers are promptly served with the correct product and information.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To carry out QC analytical work exactly to the required written methods and using the correct equipment, so that information to internal and external customers is accurate, timely and properly reported.
- To communicate fully with internal and external customers so that their requirements and results are fully understood and any interpretation of the information is properly supplied.
- To work independently, as well as in a team, so work is smoothly and efficiently handled, shift hand-over is completed with a full understanding of ongoing issues, production operators are supported in their in process testing and the lab coordinator is kept appraised of issues and how they are being handled.
- To spot and troubleshoot questionable results and equipment problems so that resolution of the matter is obtained in a timely way, and the proper people kept informed or asked for guidance.
- To be able to calibrate all lab equipment and keep records to the appropriate Quality Standards so that the equipment is always ready for use.
- To be able to suggest and run small projects, within the general scope of work done in the QC Lab, so that lab improvements can be made.
- To follow all Company policies, procedures, and instructions so that work is properly and safely done, the quality system maintained and good housekeeping is carried out.
- Location: Chicago
- Schedule: 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM/flexible to work other shifts when turns direct
- Duration: Contract-to-Hire