Messina Group seeks a QC Lab Technician for our client, an innovative global resin technology company, for a direct-hire opportunity.
The QC Lab Technician performs duties in our client's quality control laboratory using electronic and mechanical instrumentation, in addition to wet method analysis.
Rotating Shift Schedule:
This position features a rotating shift schedule consisting of 4 days on, then 4 days off with 11:30am – 12:00am work hours (12-hour shifts with 30-minute lunch break).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs in-process and final product analysis on materials produced or processed in the plant according to established procedures and specifications
- Records results on appropriate quality sheets
- Maintains daily quality control logbooks
- Performs analysis on incoming raw materials
- Performs selected analysis on finished products received from other branches of the corporation
- Maintains lab in an orderly manner
- Substitutes for absent workers
- Reports out of specification material to the quality control senior technician as soon as results are made available
- Packages retained samples, assist in the maintenance of sample storage area
- Assists senior technicians with non-routine analysis
- Performs other duties as assigned
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
The QC Technician will operate in an environment in which there may be temperature extremes and exposure to weather, excessive noise and vibrations, moving mechanical parts, electric shock, hazardous chemicals, gases, odors, hot liquids, or equipment. May work in high, low, or confined spaces.
- Job Type: Direct Hire
- Work Hours: 11:30am – 12:00pm
- Remote? No