Messina seeks a QC Technician for our client in University Park, Illinois.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Perform job activities in compliance with site HSE policies and procedures.
- Perform raw materials, intermediate and final product analysis through the use of approved methods.
- Use computer systems to enter data, manage inventory and generate Certificates of Analysis (primarily in LIMS and SAP)
- Calculate process adjustments based on analytical results and communicate these adjustments to the process-owning department.
- Perform routine cleaning, adjustment, and calibration of laboratory equipment and replenish chemical reagents to ensure uninterrupted operation and quality results.
- Maintain the retain system.
- Support and adhere to all quality system requirements, including ISO 9001, European Federation of Cosmetic Ingredients Good Manufacturing Practices (EFfCI GMP), and Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), consistent with Manufacturing Excellence and HSSE Management Systems as they relate to the position.
- Make and record observations for improving processes.
- Perform miscellaneous sample analysis for the investigation of customer complaints or requests and Gage R&R studies.
- Maintain the laboratory and offices in a clean, safe, and orderly condition.
- Responsible for supporting our hazardous waste program as it relates to the laboratory.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned