Messina Group seeks a 2nd and 3rd shift Quality Control Technician for our client near Walled Lake, Michigan for a Contract-to-Hire opportunity.
About our client:
Our client is a family-owned growing coatings company in Walled Lake, Michigan, known for its team-based environment, career growth opportunity, and family-friendly culture.
About the Position:
The quality control tech will conduct standard acceptance testing on raw materials, work in process, and finished goods on a shift-based schedule, or as needed, to support operations. Uses good safety, housekeeping, and laboratory techniques. Responsibilities include testing polyester-coated film, visual inspections, solution testing, and incoming material testing.
We have a 2nd and 3rd shift opening with some paid overtime expected. Overtime is paid at 1.5x of the employee's base pay.
- 1st Shift: 4am – 4pm, Monday – Thursday
- 2nd Shift: 4pm – 4am, Monday – Thursday
- Performs inspections and provides accurate and repeatable results from all quality control test methods and visual inspection standards.
- Make entries of QA test data in an SPC format for data evaluation.
- Communicates test results and evaluations (written and oral) to manufacturing.
- Backs up other QC Techs in the event of scheduled or unscheduled absences, or fluctuations in workload.
- Provides training for new employees when authorized by the Manager.
- Generate reports from the QA data system as required by management. Working knowledge of applicable Quality Management procedures and problem-solving methods.
- Calibrate department instrumentation using established written procedures,
- File and/or retrieve samples and data from the quality assurance files or sample archives as required.
- Maintain work area in accordance with all applicable safety, housekeeping, and environmental policies and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.