Messina Group is currently seeking a Quality Technician for our client in Cicero, IL.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & Position Summary:
- Perform quality control testing – Tensile, Hardness % Moisture, Ultrasonic testing for defects.
- Create Certifications using the ERP Software
- Inspect product for dimensions and visual defects
OTHER EXPECTATIONS of the POSITION
- Perform Ultrasonic, Tensile and Hardness testing and compare results to the specifications
- Perform simple metallurgical tests with XRF gun and/or spectrometer.
- Understand & Oversee Quality platform in AS400.
- Perform inspections to ensure product quality. This will include the inspection of incoming material as well as in-process and final inspection of completed product.
- Occasionally oversee the outside testing of mechanical testing, review results against the specifications
- Generate product certification of conformance
- Understand & interpret ASTM & similar specifications for our products.
- Create reports of results and perform simple trends analysis