LabTemps seeks a Quality Assurance Technician for our client, a Food Manufacturing Company, located in Countryside, Illinois. I have included additional details about the job duties below for your review.
The Quality Assurance Technician monitors the company’s food safety and quality systems with direct responsibility for the evaluation of raw materials, processes and finished products.
- Performs analyses including micro testing and maintains documentation for high-risk raw materials, in-process and finished goods against established standards.
- Calibrates instruments as needed.
- Create COA for finished product and release once testing is completed.
- Releases raw materials from inspection.
- Organizes sample pickup and send sample to customer or outside laboratory as needed.
- Maintains retention samples.
- Performs allergen swabbing.
- Provides support and assists to all manufacturing personnel and daily feedback to manager/supervisor.
- Maintain appropriate inventories of lab supplies.
- Maintain an organized and clean working environment.
- Maintains all confidential company formulations to assure compliance with established criteria and to accurately reflect production processes.
- Keeps informed of new technical developments through professional memberships and study achieving 40 hours of required company training.
- Review’s production paperwork including temperature charts as needed.
- Maintains procedures, documentation and reporting requirements for food safety and food quality system including HACCP and SQF.
- Place non-compliant product and ingredients on hold following the Non-conformance/Hold program.