Under the direction of the EHSS Manager, the Safety Affairs Manager will work independently and as a member of the EHS team with other departments to accomplish the goals of the EHS Department and the company. In general, tasks involve managing and directing the Safety Affairs team and coordinating all internal safety, environmental, and security audits. The Safety Affairs Manager will demonstrate professional appearance, behavior, and attitude at all times while performing his/her job duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Manage and coordinate all internal safety, environmental, and security audits, including appropriate participation.
- Pro-actively provide support to employees with action plan brainstorming and timeline development to ensure positive adoption and compliance.
- Monitoring, managing and directly assisting, supporting, and facilitating the implementation and progress related to corrective actions from both external and internal audits.
- Ensure compliance with EHS regulatory requirements, including OSHA, WAC, ANSI, etc.
- Perform safety audits and inspections, develop recommendations for corrective or preventive measures, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Responsible for oversight of lockout tag out, fall protection, confined space, and other safety programs as appropriate.
- Advising and instructing on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.).
- Developing and executing health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Preparing and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluating practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Coordinate and conduct safety training.
- Other duties as assigned.