The primary result expected from the Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer is to develop and implement the continuous improvement vision for the organization by coaching, mentoring, and leading teams to establish a culture of continuous improvement across the organization; ensuring adherence to the principles of lean manufacturing while planning & facilitating strategic plans across plant locations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Typical tasks for this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Plan and implement continuous improvement strategies to achieve overarching global business strategy (MAP)
- Work with plant management to gather baseline data on Yield, OEE, Quality, Losses, Waste, etc. and provide relevant tools that clearly identify top losses (Pareto analysis, etc.)
- Champions loss analysis improvement plan development, plan execution leadership and results tracking
- Lead collaborations with plant leadership to develop processes that monitor performance hour to hour, shift to shift, day to day and week to week.
- Leads continuous improvement events/activities to improve performance, eliminate wastes and losses (i.e., kaizen/continuous improvement, value stream mapping, statistical problem solving, etc.) as required, including the planning of events and resources, training and leading teams, achieving event objectives, and documenting improvements.
- Provide leadership in continuous improvement efforts to improve reliability, ease of use & maintenance, minimize changeover times, and eradicate production losses.
- Coach & mentor junior continuous improvement engineer(s), operations’ team, including staff, supervisors, and crew leads on continuous improvement methods & processes to establish a culture where tools and methods are utilized in a standard way to deliver improvements.
- Develop continuous improvement leadership within local operations’ team to build their capability for leading and executing their own continuous improvement activities within the plant according to the business strategy.
- Lead the implementation of initiatives that support the progress for improvement of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement
- Maintain positive work relationships with members of other teams to communicate effectively, and to ensure compliance with cross-team responsibilities.