Messina Group seeks a Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client designs complex panels for the medical industry. They service major large medical OEMs and design and build Human Interface panels that are used in Ultrasounds, CT Scanners, EKG panels, patient monitors, and more.
Most of their electronic designs use embedded microcontrollers from NXP, ST Micro, and others which are used to communicate with customers' systems over USB or other bus structures. Take input from the users, in the form of button pushes, touch screen interface, or switches, and convert that into messages. Many of the systems also include various LED drivers and backlight controls. They utilize Siemens EDA (Mentor Graphics) for designs including schematic generation and PCBA layout. They have multiple pick and place assembly lines in-house and fabricate all of the PCBAs that are used in their products in-house. This allows designers to work very closely with the manufacturing site and get quick prototypes and results during the design cycle.
Responsibilities will include the development and design of new products. Modify and improve existing products. Working within budgetary constraints and customer requirements, and with consideration of a life cycle perspective for the product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and design new products and modify and improve existing products
- Provide guidance, analysis, and technical guidance on the latest technologies for use in the product line
- Perform complex testing and technical analysis as part of the qualification process
- Partner with engineering development teams regarding design details, processes, methods and schedules, defect resolution, and future product technologies
- Work within budgetary constraints and customer requirements, and with consideration of a life cycle perspective for the product
- Recommend suppliers and/or other outside sources for technical information as needed to meet design objectives.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Adhere to release to production protocols.
- Participate in seminars, meetings, and training sessions as required.
- Develop Microcontroller base firmware using C / C++ and various IDEs.
- Requisition programmers, services, and supplies as needed.
- Analyze Returns for root cause and recommend corrective action response.
- Complete Returns corrective action and submit to Leader for approval.
- Provide technical assistance to Sales Department for quotations.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to provide maintenance support and updates to production
- Test and programming of software and hardware.
- Do board bring-up of new designs
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if software/firmware meets functional, regulatory, and performance specifications.
- Schedule: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Location: La Grange