The successful candidate for this position will manage the Field Service Center – Northeast Region. This role will be responsible for managing the daily operations & scheduling of the field service techs/engineers for start-up support, maintenance, repairs and testing & commissioning of Automation and Traditional products as well as Non-substation and distribution equipment. The Senior Manager-Field Service Center will also be responsible for the overall financials, spare parts inventory, and service vehicles. This position reports to the Director-Global Field Service. This role involves primarily working remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate the daily operations of the Field Service Center-Northeast Region.
- Manage the adherence to safety, quality, maintenance, and testing standards.
- Manage and coordinate the schedule for the regional field services Specialists/Engineers.
- Manage and issue periodic financials reports for the regional center.
- Facilitate and coordinate cross-functional training for the field service Specialists/Engineers.
- Coordinate and track several concurrent field services activities.
- Travel as required to customer facilities / equipment sites for evaluation, problem solving and negotiations.
- Provide outstanding service to internal and external customers.
- Coach and counsel direct reports and participating in establishing appropriate development plans.
- Develop proposals/quotes for field services & parts requests.
- Identify and hire subcontractors to support the field services and commissioning work.
- Develop and maintaining good internal and external customer relations.
- Write and conduct employee reviews.
- Initiate decisions regarding hires, promotions, corrective actions and terminations.
- Identify individual training and skills development criteria to meet departmental needs.
- Participate in continuous improvements and other company efforts to improve productivity and efficiency.