Responsible for incoming materials from internal and external suppliers, and packaging materials for internal and external customers, assisting freight carriers and coordinating part transport to internal and external customers, and shipping domestic and international packages via the appropriate shipping portals. The role works under some supervision and some contact with external suppliers and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport parts or items from one area of the facility to another using carts, wheels, cranes, forklifts, or other motorized vehicles, etc.
- Unload, unpack and receive incoming shipments of products of MRO (Maintenance Repair and Operating) items.
- Assemble wooden and cardboard containers to prepare for product packing, line, and pad crates/boxes as required. Perform specialized packaging and follow specialized shipment instructions based on customer requests.
- Generate, prepare, and attach identification and shipping labels to finished packaged items, or cut stencils and stencil information on containers, such as lot numbers or shipping destinations.
- Check materials to ensure that they match purchase orders and notify appropriate members when problems are found.
- Count or estimate quantities of materials, parts or products received or shipped.
- Schedule: 10:30 am – 7:00 pm
- Location: Niles