The incumbent will be accountable for aligning operational people, processes, measurements, standards, capital, and resources with the primary focus areas of HSE, quality, delivery, cost, inventory, and productivity against Functional, Business and Company goals and objectives. The incumbent is responsible for fostering an organizational culture of safety, integrity, continuous improvement, ownership, diversity, and accountability while developing a strong bench of operational know-how, experience, and talent.
- Work with the organization to ensure safe and beneficial operations of the Site that achieve annual functional, business and company goals and objectives.
- HSE Responsible for the HSE Leadership and results; driving to Zero OSHAs incidents, 100% regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate with the Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental functions to implement policies and maintain compliance for external and internal requirements.
- Leadership Lead the team to be a world-class, customer-centric team, motivating and leading the team in the framework of a Manufacturing & Business strategy to improve overall performance KPIs.
- Participate as a critical member of the Operations Leadership Team Be the First amongst equals for the sites in the North and South America, working to ensure alignment, teamwork, and optimized operations.
- Continuous Improvement / Manufacturing Excellence Lead continuous improvement culture and systems across all plants to ensure and improve quality, productivity, reduce fixed and variable costs (raw material usage) and improve all aspects of OEE, through the implementation and use of Lean tools and practices.
- Lead continuous improvements by identifying process gaps related to quality (Voice of the Customer and Critical to Quality), sustainability, manufacturing, administrative processes, and procedures, implementing viable sustainable solutions.
- Improve asset capability while optimizing efficiencies, yields, cost, reliability, maintaining or exceeding current quality standards Implement measures, systems, and processes that track KPIs; utilizing visual management to keep the organization focused and motivated.
- Develop and use Improvement Plans to implement improvement projects and activities.
- Cost and Production Directly responsible for managing the annual budgeting process, aligning with the business financial goals and targets.
- Directly responsible at Joliet for achieving the operational cost goals and objectives, approx. $11M-$13M fixed cost budget and $20M-$23M in variable cost.
- Collaborate with the other NA sites to help drive best practice, budgetary control, and operational cost goals to meet $5M – $8M of Fixed Cost and up to $15M of Variable Cost targets
- Work closely with the Business, and finance to analyze cost results, understand detail and to deliver forecasts to the function and the business Inventory Develop manufacturing strategies that maintain high service levels while minimizing on hand inventory Minimize obsolete inventory by measuring and controlling aging inventory and collaborating with sales to manage risks Supply Chain Ensure proper coordination of all people, processes, and materials to achieve company objective of year over year On-Time and In-Full delivery.
- Work with the business to optimize the network while minimizing, optimizing regional production assistance, and achieving business inventory targets.
- Participate directly in the supply chain process, including strategic and tactical capacity planning and the execution.
- Human Resource Management Partner with HR to develop and implement personal improvement plans, manage performance and succession plans.
- Oversee the succession planning and career development program for Plant or Unit Management and Plant Engineers.
- Allocate resources effectively to fully utilize assets to produce optimal results CAPEX Work closely with the Engineering group to execute the annual capital plan, utilizing the stage gate process.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on short and long-term manufacturing and capital planning needed to support the mid- and long-term business needs.
- Quality Ensures that plants deliver outstanding production reliability and customer service and maintain ISO 14001 and other certifications.
- Ensure that the plants operate and produce product and delivery that meets the quality requirements of the customer.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Quality program enhancements to achieve company objective of zero internal and external defects.
- Business Support Ensure Operations achieves the goals of the business Participate and support the development and execution of Business growth plans.
- Implement strategies in alignment with Business strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
This role requires 20% travel away from the primary location, depending on current assignments.
Minimum Education, Experience and Core Competency Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or other related field, with a minimum of 10-15 years relevant experience in large plant operations, with multi-site international operations a plus.
- Experience and application in Continuous Improvement programs, Six Sigma and/or Lean Mfg. activities.
- Demonstrated strong team leadership and team building skills which focus on informal influencing of others with data driven logic vs. formal organizational hierarchy Effective written and oral communication as well as presentation skills with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and motivate employees through interpersonal and lean techniques to achieve site and corporate goals or initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills which includes the ability to make simple, meaningful conclusions from complex technical data including determining the final financial benefits or gains
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with minimal direction
- Must be willing to lead a strong understanding of “lean manufacturing” and Continuous Improvement concepts, processes and tools and have the aptitude to build a deep understanding and ability to apply these concepts through Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements for use in analysis and utilization of financial data.